Friday, April 11, 2014

Yard Day

We had a yard day last weekend, which by the end of the day included three trips to Home Depot (one in which one of the children was inadvertently lost-oops), a few new spring flowers, and a garden.


Where's Waldo?










































































I'd really been wanting to try a garden, so I put Rob up to assembling a small raised bed.  He looked at the raised bed kit and determined he could do it himself for cheaper.







































Ta-da!










































































I had a couple of gnomes helping me with some flowers in the front bed.










































































Avery and I planted the plants and seeds in the garden.  She is really excited.






































We'll see what comes up.  Avery is eagerly checking the garden for progress daily.  After running in from the backyard on Wednesday she breathlessly announced the plants were dead.  Sure enough, they did look quite dead.  Also, Arthur had dug up a portion of the garden.  I don't have high hopes for this garden, but I sure hope it produces something.

No comments: