Friday, December 5, 2008

20 Weeks

Your baby weighs about 10 1/2 ounces now. He's also around 6 1/2 inches long from head to bottom and about 10 inches from head to heel — the length of a banana. (For the first 20 weeks, when a baby's legs are curled up against his torso and hard to measure, measurements are taken from the top of his head to his bottom — the "crown to rump" measurement. After 20 weeks, he's measured from head to toe.)
Baby's digestive system is busy creating meconium (a tarry black substance made of swallowed amniotic fluid, digestive secretion and dead cells), which will fill the first diaper after birth. And, speaking of the diaper situation... baby's genitals are now fully formed!

So if pregnancy was a marathon, I'd be on mile 13. Can I get a Gatorade? Maybe an energy bar? Still feeling great. I'll enjoy it while I can because if legend proves true miles 20-26 may not be so fun.
Last Friday I was in a turkey coma and didn't post, but the food of the week was a large heirloom tomato!

Doctor's appointment on Monday...hopefully those fully formed genitals will makes themselves known. Please! I'm having shopping withdrawals! I need to get this ball rolling.

3 comments:

Mrs. Cup said...

Aww...I love your belly. I think I just heard my biological clock tick. Don't tell Drew. Ha!

I hope we find out for sure too...can girls still wear blue booties?!?! She can set a fashion trend! =)

Unknown said...

The shit is bananas.
B-A-N-A-N-A-S
Sorry, I couldn't resist.

You'll be there before you know it

My Cup, girls can wear blue booties accessorized with a blue bow. :)

lehadams said...

Yes! Let's pray for some fully developed genitals! :)

From a fellow marathon runner miles 20-26 are an uphill climb. I am at mile 16 then I guess. Sleeping is no longer relaxing but difficult to do because you CAN NOT get comfortable. Any other marathon runners agree?

But it's all worth it in the end when you get to see your Baby Monique or Baby Rob for the first time. It truly is a blessing.