Thursday, October 15, 2009

A is for Avery...and Avocado

Last night was Avery's first taste of "real" food: avocado. I mashed up a very small amount, maybe a teaspoon (Rob and I ate the rest with fajitas), and mixed in a little breastmilk to make it thinner. She ate it all!

If she had a fork she'd be banging it on the tray. Girl likes to eat!

"What do we have here?"

"Interesting..."

Now, just a couple weeks ago I was expressing my distaste for pictures of babies (or kids) with food all over their face. It's just...gross. I'm not saying it's gross for them to have food on their face when they're eating-that's just going to happen. It's the public displaying of the photos that gets me. Ewww, like I really want to see pictures of your kid with food on their face because that's just sooooooo cute. Right. Anyway....I don't know what's wrong with me. I have no excuse for myself other than I just think this picture is so cute! Sorry!




4 comments:

Unknown said...

Very cute pic. When it's your baby (or related), it's cute. Not your baby, then "Ew get a wet wipe." :)

lehadams said...

mmmmmmm avocado! Davis hasn't tried that tasty treat yet. I should buy some!

Mrs. Cup said...

So cute! I'm with Summer. It's easier when it's your kid!

Erin said...

The reality is that it is cute for the first few months after they start eating "real" foods but once you have to wipe the face and other things (floor, high chair, you face, etc.) then it is back to the "it is not soooo cute!" I love hearing your first time mommy stories! It make me think of all the crazy times with my 2 kiddos!