Tuesday, November 16, 2010

A Day

One of the best things-probably THE best thing-about this blog is that we get to look back at it in 5, 10, 15 years and see what exactly we were up to.  I can't imagine having had a blog throughout high school and college and being able to read it now at 30 31.  That blogs weren't around back then (at least in high school) is probably for the best.  Anyhow, in the spirit of journalism, I thought I'd record what any given weekday is like for us. 

6:35 6:45 6:50 a.m.  I get up, shower, get ready for work.

7:00 7:15 7:25 a.m. Rob gets up, showers, gets ready for work.

7:25 a.m. I go in to get Avery.  She is usually awake by this time. Sometimes, like this morning, I actually wake her up.  I change her diaper and get her dressed for daycare.

7:35 a.m. Rob finishes getting ready, I get my stuff together for work.  I try to spend a few last minutes with Avery playing or reading a book. 

7:40 a.m. Crap, now I'm running late!  Leave for work.

8:00-8:15 a.m. Rob takes Avery to daycare.

Work

Errands/Target

Work

Play Words with Friends

Work

Play on Facebook

Work

Work on school stuff

Work
 
5:25 p.m. I pick Avery up from daycare.

5:30 p.m. Arrive home and start making dinner.

6:00-6:15 p.m. Eat dinner. Pet/feed/water Arthur.

6:15-6:45 p.m. Play, read, pick up, etc.

6:45 p.m. Bath

7:00-7:15 p.m. Read, wind down, bed.

7:00-10 p.m. Pick up house, clean kitchen, make lunches, prep for next night's dinner, laundry, household chores.  Also, any shopping, grocery or otherwise is usually done in this time frame.  If need be, I work on stuff for school. 

10-10:30 p.m. Watch TV, read, play on iPhone.  I go to bed at this time, but Rob is a night owl and usually stays up much later and does homework, plays on computer, etc.

Rinse.Lather.Repeat.

And yeah, that boils down to less than 2 hours a day that we get to spend with Avery on a typical weekday.  That part pretty much sucks.  But in between all the regular weekdays are vacation days, sick days, holidays, and weekends.  Like today, for example, Rob is home with Avery due to chronic unexplained diarrhea (daycare's words).  Yeah, I don't know either.  So he's home with her today and I'll likely work from home tomorrow.  So it's days like those that we love the extra time we get to spend with her, diarrhea and all.  And then we're reminded of just how EASY we have it at work!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I hate unexplained diarrhea.

Erin said...

You have figured out why I don't try to lay out my day...little depressing how much time we miss out on! Even the unexplained chronic diarrhea!

Are you going to school now too? For what?

Monique said...

Erin, yes. I'm in a masters program for Administrative leadership.