Friday, September 12, 2008

First Appointment

Today I had my first appointment with my new ob doctor. The office is very convenient to our house which is good! The appointment was a little disappointing, however. My doctor is brand new to this practice and her ultrasound machine isn't coming in until this afternoon, so there was no ultrasound for us. We went over family history, questions, concerns, all of that stuff. I had an exam and blood drawn (again!) and said she would see us in four weeks. I just wasn't comfortable with waiting four more weeks for an ultrasound so after some thought we decided to call the office back and try to be seen again as soon as possible. After I went into work Rob called the doctor and she understood our concerns, and I am going back next Tuesday.
According to online calculations I am 8 weeks today!Your baby is growing like mad, putting on about a millimeter every day and continuing to straighten out in the trunk. Though you can't feel it yet, baby is moving those little arms, legs and (now only slightly) webbed fingers and toes like crazy.

Side note: doesn't it seem like a blueberry is bigger than a kidney bean?

4 comments:

Shannon said...

Cute blog...I can dig it! Hope everything goes well next Tuesday, I'm sure it will! Keep me in the loop! Aunt Shannon can't wait to meet Baby Thomas!

Unknown said...

YAY! The Bean!!

lehadams said...

I need to be this creative. Don't be upset if I start blogging about baby Adams. My baby is as big as a turnip. I love the comparisons they give to the size of a human being growing inside of your tummy. It's a hoot.

Unknown said...

Neat blog, what a great idea. I've thought about doing a family blog to keep people in the know, but never got around to it. You're so much more on point than me. :) Are you going to have to drink a quart of water and hold it for several hours for the ultrasound?

Kidney bean bigger than a blueberry? Learn something new everyday.