Friday, November 7, 2008

16 Weeks

Your baby measures up to an avocado, now, and weighs 3 1/2 ounces. (Length: 4 1/2 inches, head to bottom.) Watch what you say... tiny bones forming in baby's ears mean the little one can now pick up your voice. Eyebrows, lashes and hair are starting to fill in, and taste buds are forming. And, if you're interested, an ultrasound might be able to determine gender.
Doctor's appointment on Monday!

And now, I leave you with a poem about wine. I just want wine to know I've been thinking about it a lot lately, and look forward to the future when we can enjoy each other again. Have a great weekend!

W.B. Yeats
A DRINKING SONG

Wine comes in at the mouth

And love comes in at the eye;

That's all we shall know for truth

Before we grow old and die.

Ilift the glass to my mouth,

I look at you, and I sigh.


>

5 comments:

lehadams said...

I have been having dreams of wine too lately. I want to drink lots and lots of wine. And then drunk dial. I have roughly 96 days until I can have a glass or more. I think I might try and sneak some in the hospital. Ha! I know what to get you now for a baby shower gift! A gift card to your nearest liquor store! :)

Unknown said...

Yes. I feel your pain. As I was technically pregnant for two years.

Are you going to find out the gender on Monday, if possible?


BTW the rotating baby in the left top corner is creeping me out. Just saying maybe he should stop spinning.

Monique said...

Lauren-truly I cannot wait. Do liquor stores have gift cards? B/c that would be awesome.

Summer-yes, if they can tell at that time. I am a little skeptical but we will see. And yes, the break dancing baby is a little weird. Ok a lot weird. Kind of reminds me of that Ally McBeal baby of the '90s.

Unknown said...

YES-- Definitely reminds one of the Ally McBeal baby.

Mrs. Cup said...

Mmmmmm...wine! I will be a good friend and drink some for you! ;~) Dude...and what is up with the transparent umbilical cord. Weird.