Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanksgiving

The holidays are upon us! Thanksgiving is great for so many reasons, a few of which I'll detail below:

1. The food
2. It is the official kickoff to the holiday season-which I love
3. None of the stress or pressure of Christmas gift-giving (for the record, I don't find this stressful but many do)
4. Seeing friends and family
5. Black Friday-searching the ads! the sales and bargains! I could do without the crowds but that is irrelevant.
6. Rob's birthday
7. The food
8. Decorating for Christmas (i.e. my husband on a ladder grumbling and cussing as he hands boxes of "crap" down to me from the attic)
9. OU killing OSU
10. No work for five days (I am off Monday)

Tonight I am making two pumpkins cheesecakes, one for each parent's house. This will be the first time (as far as I can recall, I may have actually done this before but it's been a long time) making actual real cheesecakes with the spring form pan and everything. Hopefully they turn out!! I am looking forward to gorging, er, I mean eating responsibly tomorrow and doing some shopping on Friday. No crazy 4 a.m. stuff for me though. I'll leave that to the crazies (yes, Summer, I'm talking to you).
Hope everyone has a great holiday weekend. If you're traveling be safe!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

This year Tim won't have to hand me anything from the attic. He's smiling. Our attic in the new house is easily accessible. I'll find a way to somehow involve him though. :) I did tell him that he will need decorate the exterior this year. I received an eyeroll! I want reindeer, snowmen, and a Baby Jesus. I'm talking National Lampoon style, people. hehe.

Unknown said...

Whatever! Get her on the ladder looking for Christmas decor in a sea of unmarked seasonal boxes. Bah humbug. She would be cussing too. But she stays on the ground cause she is my beautiful pregnant momma.

Mrs. Cup said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Hands down, #3 is what I love most about Thanksgiving! No pressure...just celebrating and eating. Pat the belly. I love you guys!

Shannon said...

I love OU beating OSU the most...okay second behind the food! Shopping was okay this year...although I didn't get much accomplished but I had fun with you anyway!!! Love that lil belly!