Monday, March 30, 2009

Shower

Well, this weekend started off not so great with a blizzard on Saturday but ended with a wonderful day Sunday. Due to inclement weather, it was decided that my shower be postponed until Sunday. Sunday turned out to be a nice day and the shower was just great. Many thanks to Summer and Tracey for putting it all together and to Marilyn for opening her house and making tons of good food. A few pictures:

One of several cute little outfits

720 wipes...seriously!

Wizard of Oz blanket my mom made. This blanket was started 25 years ago for my cousin Andrew. Needless to say...she didn't finish it in time. But now Avery gets it! I'll get a more detailed pic up later.

Jumperoo!

My aunt Jan included these pics she took of me when I was a baby. I hope Avery has better hair than me...I kind of had a mullet.

Musical Play Gym

Delicious cake

Cake table

Eating aforementioned cake

In addition to the items pictured above, we also received many other useful items including diapers, a high chair, feeding/breastfeeding supplies, swaddle blanket, baby wash and lotion, bibs, changing pad cover, and the list goes on!

As I mentioned, my co-workers also had a shower for me on Friday. We received lots of diapers, wipes, onesies, and a jumperoo (we have 2 to return). I don't have any pictures because I forgot my camera!

Rob and I have been overwhelmed by everyone's generosity and desire to help welcome Avery. We really are very, very lucky. Avery has so many nice things waiting on her as well as a lot of people who are excited to meet her!

2 comments:

Mrs. Cup said...

Looks like a good time! I love the Wizard of Oz blanket!

Jennifer said...

Gotta love baby showers and all the goodies! The Wizard of Oz blanket is darling--way to go Grandma!