Friday, September 18, 2009

What has happened to me?

I used to be prompt, organized, efficient. Lately I feel like I've turned into a harried housewife, minus the housewife part. In the last week I have:

-Locked my keys in my car

-Taken a lone bottle to Sunday brunch...with no nipple.

-Gone to work with the car seat in my car. And since it's not 1976 anymore they kind of frown upon letting your baby just roll around in the backseat, so this is an important tool in Rob getting Avery to daycare. Sorry about your 9:00 meeting honey!

-Been late to work several times


It seems like I'm always running late. Nothing ever gets put in the mail on time. Don't even look at my carpet or kitchen floor. Or toenails. I used to actually plan meals and cook. Now dinner is usually whatever we can quickly throw together with a baby on your hip. Don't get me wrong, I'm not blaming any of this on Avery (although I am still blaming her for my muffin top...ssshhhhhhh she doesn't know some of it was there before). I just need to get it together! Parents of 2+ kids-I really don't know how you do it without being a total train wreck! I guess I get distracted by this little face.

3 comments:

lehadams said...

Welcome to Parenthood! :)

Unknown said...

That's hilarious. And who couldn't be distracted by the cute little face!!

The joys of being a working mom. :) You can find comfort in the fact you're not alone. We run around with our heads cut off all day. A very wise woman once told me that we lose brain cells with each child we have. I've actually bathed one of my children with their socks on, handed my two year old poulty scissors instead of a sippy cup, and completely forgot how to count money while helping a 3rd grader with homework.

Erin said...

You made me laugh...remember the good old days when we would be the ones looking at these "crazy" mothers with thier kids and thinking it can't be that hard and why do they seem so nuts...well you just figured out what I did 3 years ago. Kids make your life crazy, but after you look back you think...wow my life was so boring before this little one gave me meaning. Even if you have a week like you did you still will feel this way. Oh and I hate to make it seem worsr BUT there will be even crazier/worse weeks to come! Like Lauren said WELCOME TO OUR CLUB YOU HAVE BECOME AN OFFICIAL MEMEBER WITH THE WEEK YOU JUST HAD! CONGRATS!! Again I just had to chuckle!