Thursday, March 10, 2011

Craft and Daycare Update

     Avery did great in her new class yesterday.  She even napped for an hour and a half on a cot (no more crib).  When we were on our way out we passed her old room and a crib was just outside the room, in the hall.  She pointed to it and said "Avery's bed" and sure enough it was her old crib (had a label with her name on it).  Kind of made me sad. Again.  I don't know why.  I guess it's because she seems to be growing up so fast.  

     She comes home with tons of crafts and finger paintings, and after a showcase on the fridge for a month or so, most get thrown in the recycling bag.  I do keep some, especially anything with her hand or footprint.  Throughout last year she was periodically sent home with these little footprint animals, themed according to the season. I had them all at work, but when I found some super cheap clearance shadowboxes at Target I decided that would be the perfect home for them, along with the name tag from her old cubby.  






2 comments:

Erin said...

cute idea!

Jenn said...

love that! may have to borrow your idea! :) i always feel like a terribly unsentimental mom cause i don't keep every single thing she makes heh.