Tuesday, February 28, 2012

20 Weeks


















One website shows three limes as a comparison to the baby this week.  Another had a cantaloupe.  Cantaloupe...three limes.  Yeah.  Not even near the same size.  I'm going with three limes.  I don't think he'll be the size of a cantaloupe for several more weeks, at least the cantaloupes we find around here.


















Your baby had been measured only from head to rump because his or her legs were typically curled up. But from here on out, your baby will be measured from head to toe, now being about 10 ½ ounces and 6 ½ inches long. She is also starting to hear sounds and will recognize your voice over anyone else's soon.  She's got working taste buds.  Now, she's gulping down several ounces of amniotic fluid each day -- that's significantly more than before.  The baby can now be startled by loud or sudden noises and can hear both your heartbeat and your growling stomach.
























I actually took that pic last night, so technically 19 weeks 6 days.  I sort of look huge there.  It just depends on what I'm wearing.


























See? This morning.  Another horrible picture!  I need to stop taking pictures in the morning, apparently.

Halfway there!  I can't really complain.  No, really.  Everything is good.

Avery has been so sweet and actually seems to sort of get that she's going to have a little brother.  The other day she brought me a sticker and put it on my belly and said, "for the baby."  I asked her if she wanted to give the baby a kiss and she said "no, I'll wait until he comes out."  I showed her an outfit I bought for him and she said "oh, that's ca-ute."  So I don't know if she really, really gets it, but she's doing a great job of playing along.  I really think she will be a sweet big sister.  I'm sure there will be moments of jealousy.  We'll see.

My next appointment is March 13th.  Hopefully everything from the anatomy scan looked good and I haven't gained five more pounds.

No comments: