Monday, January 21, 2013

The Weekend

Some things about the weekend:

-The weather was beautiful.  We actually got to spend some time outside.  Avery got to try out her new bike.  I think she had been a little intimidated by it, saying she needed to be a little bit bigger to ride it.  But once she actually tried it out she saw that it was perfect for her.
































-We went to a birthday party on Saturday.



















































-Ben is sitting up on his own.  I sit near him or put the Boppy pillow behind him, but he's doing quite well.  He only topples if he gets excited and looks up at something.

























-Avery made a wreath out of a plastic necklace and a headband and insisted we hang it on the front door.  Then she stuck a bunch of bottle nipples to the glass.  Our front door was very classy.
























-Ben is sleeping a little better.  Some nights are pretty good, others are bad.  We can't find a rhyme or reason.

-I have succeeded in convincing Avery that Target is a) the best place on Earth b) far superior to Wal-Mart.  Sunday we headed out to pick up some things at Target. Rob was going to go to Wal-Mart to pick up a vacuum while I was at Target.  I told him to pick a kid to take with him (that's only fair, right?).  He asked Avery if she wanted to go to Wal-Mart and she said "no, that's not a good place.  I want to go to Target. I love the place called Target."  Me.too.
























-Avery tells us her Cinderella doll is her baby (like Ben is my baby).  Rob jokingly said he didn't know if he liked the idea of her being a mommy.  She said "well, it's not your choice Dad.  It's my choice." Great.  Three going on 23.

-Ben likes me in his sight.  So sometimes he has to sit in the laundry basket and watch me do laundry.  Introducing the poor man's Moses basket:


No comments: