Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The Perfect Diaper Bag...

is as elusive to me as a mythical unicorn. I didn't realize what I was up against here in trying to find the "perfect" diaper bag. I am convinced that it simply doesn't exist. Sure, there are some great diaper bags out there...but the ones I like are way more than I want to spend. Said bag must meet the qualifications listed below:

1. First and foremost, must be cute. And not cute as in awwww, cute as in I would carry this bag if I didn't have a baby in tow. And please don't bother telling me it doesn't matter what it looks like. I won't listen.

2. Must be functional and practical.

3. Must be neither too big nor too small.

4. Must not look like a diaper bag, meaning it must have the outward appearance of a "normal" bag, but must contain all the pockets, divisions, and compartments of a diaper bag.

5. Must not cost and arm and a leg (this is the kicker) i.e. no more than $100.

Now, I have found several bags that fit all the requirements except #5.

Exhibit A:


Kate Spade 'lenox hill - noel sky' baby bag

Hello. #1-check. #2, #3, #4-check. #5-$495??!!? Damn. Moving on...

Exhibit B:Mia Bossi - Maria Diaper Bag in Black Bean

Pretty cute, seems to fit all the other requirements...but $390!

Exhibit C:
DwellStudio Chocolate Dots Diaper Bag

Eh, pretty cute but not $160 cute.

See what I'm up against here!? Anyone know where I can find this mythical, magical bag??

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, I so agree. I have issues spending over $150.00 on a bag that will at some point have poo on it and mushed up graham crackers inside.

Even when you think you've found the perfect one, it's disappointing when in use. And you can't get too flambouyant on the color, b/c daddy will look ridiculous holding it and not to mention if your outfit that day doesn't match it...

I never found the perfect bag. Although I came very close. I can't remember the brand. It was black with biege lining, sack like, three compartments with the mesh pockets to hold the goodies, about the midsize range, but even after a while- it was bore. So good luck to you. Now that we have 2 babies, we have a backpack. We look as though we're going hiking when, in fact, it's just to the grocery store. :)

lehadams said...

That Kate Spade was is cute! I thought you already got a diaper bag? :)

lehadams said...

I can type...is cute...not was is cute! long day sorry!