Friday, February 6, 2009

29 Weeks

Your baby now weighs about 2 1/2 pounds (like a butternut squash) and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel. His muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and his head is growing bigger to make room for his developing brain. To meet his increasing nutritional demands, you'll need plenty of protein, vitamins C, folic acid, and iron. And because his bones are soaking up lots of calcium, be sure to drink your milk (or find another good source of calcium, such as cheese, yogurt, or enriched orange juice). This trimester, about 250 milligrams of calcium are deposited in your baby's hardening skeleton each day.

Month 7:
Baby’s energy is surging, thanks to the formation of white fat deposits beneath the skin. (Have those kicks and jabs to the ribs tipped you off yet?) Baby is also settling into sleep and waking cycles, though -- as you’ve also probably noticed -- they don’t necessarily coincide with your own. Also this month, all five senses are finally functional, and the brain and nervous system are going through major developments.


Had a doctor appointment this morning. Starting now they are increasing in frequency: one every two weeks for the next 6 weeks, then once a week for the last 4 weeks. This morning the doctor told us she scheduled vacation for April 17-21st. She said she tried her best to schedule it around patients due dates, and I guess she has lots of patients due in May and June. In the event that I were to go into labor early, she has two physicians covering for her (formerly with the OU Medical Center, now in private practice). I'm not too worried about going into labor early, and if I do then so be it (she's going to Jamaica, who can blame her?).

Everything is looking good with the baby. This morning we could see her opening and closing her mouth (swallowing and/or yawning). It was so cute. Everything was fine with the ultrasounds, and I passed my glucose test with flying colors (thank god, I really don't know how I would live without candy for the next couple months).

Rob and I enrolled in some classes this week. Throughout the month of March we are taking:
3 Week Prepared Childbirth Education Series
Breastfeeding basics
Baby Care basics
Infant/Child CPR

That's about all that's going on here! TGIF!!

2 comments:

lehadams said...

My worst fear is that my doctor doesn't deliver my baby. I hope she is there for you! I'm sure you would be way more comfortable! Wow! 11 more weeks! That's nutty! :)

Mrs. Cup said...

Jamaica?!?! Wish I was going!! I am getting so excited to meet her!!! YAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!