Friday, February 13, 2009

30 Weeks

Your baby's about 15.7 inches long now, and she weighs almost 3 pounds (like a head of cabbage). A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds her, but that volume will decrease as she gets bigger and takes up more room in your uterus. Her eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very keen; even after she's born, she'll keep her eyes closed for a good part of the day. When she does open them, she'll respond to changes in light but will have 20/400 vision — which means she can only make out objects a few inches from her face. (Normal adult vision is 20/20.)



30 weeks! Whew! I have been eager to get to 30 weeks because it seems like such a nice, round number! Three-fourths of the way done, 10 weeks to go. So in honor of this little milestone I thought we'd take a trip down memory lane and look back on the the de-evolution of my waistline.
15 Weeks

20 Weeks

25 Weeks

30 Weeks

I think my arms are pregnant too. Ok, moving on! I am feeling fine and good except for this annoying (excruciating) pelvic girdle/sciatic pain. Let me tell you, it is not fun. I have been reading about ways to alleviate the pain, but so far nothing is providing much relief.
Babycenter.com has some oh-so-helpful tips:

Avoid pushing through any pain. If something hurts, if possible don't do it. Ok, I won't walk. Or stand up. Or roll over in bed. Problem solved!

When you are walking, arch your back (by sticking your chest and bottom out) and swing your arms as though you are marching. This locks your pelvis in a stable position and activates the muscles responsible for stiffening your pelvic joints. Riiiiiiight. Because I can walk around the office like this and be considered normal! I prefer not to be known as "crazy pregnant lady who walks like a chicken" but thanks.

In all seriousness there are some stretches that are recommended and I have been doing them, not sure how much they're helping.



Yesterday Lauren and Buster welcomed their new son, Davis, into the world. Congrats to them!! Isn't he adorable?
7 lbs 15 oz, 20 inches


Rob brought me breakfast and yellow roses to my work this morning. Yay. They smell so good. Happy Valentine's Day to everyone!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Pregnant arms. Please!

Which smelled better... the breakfast or roses? haha. I need to get this cradle to you. You are getting so close.

Oh and cute new baby.

Mrs. Cup said...

YAY!!! I can't wait to meet her! I'm going to rub your belly all day Saturday! (wow...that sounds kind of creepy).