Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Milestones

A few milestones to report:


1. Last Thursday, she reached out and grabbed a toy from Rob's hands. Now she grabs at toys on her activity gym all the time. So cute.

2. So I've been telling her for a couple weeks that she needs to laugh at us before she goes off to daycare and laughs at the daycare people first. Well, Saturday morning we got what I'm pretty sure was a laugh. She did it again on Sunday. It's pretty crude and rough around the edges, but I'm 90% sure it is a laugh.

3. Yesterday evening Avery was lying on her gym in the living room and Rob and I were in the kitchen. All of the sudden she started crying. I figured she was just done playing, but when I went to get her I saw she was ON HER STOMACH and that's why she was mad. Granted, it was next to the wall so it's possible she used the wall in some way to assist herself over, but still, she rolled over somehow! So we spent some more time trying to get her to do it again, and the most she made it was onto her side, then back on her back. I bet she'll do it again soon though! Here we are trying to catch her doing it again.

2 comments:

Erin said...

that made me laugh...i love the smile she gave rob in the beginning! she really knowa how to move those legs...maybe she will be a dancer!?

Unknown said...

1. Awww. She's getting her "friends."

2. Like a throaty waitress laugh?

3. Hey it's shows she's resourceful!!