Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Mother of the Year

I will be receiving this highest honor in recognition of my unsurpassed mothering skills. See, my daughter fell off the couch yesterday because I left her there unattended. Seriously. She was fine but of course I felt awful. Both Rob and I would prop her in the corner of the couch from time to time to grab something from the kitchen, etc. Obviously we won't do that anymore.

Moms (or dads), please tell me if something similar has happened to you so I don't feel quite so bad.

2 comments:

Erin said...

Well even though I HATE to admit it but that happened and MORE...yes I said more. I have been walking with Caiden on my hip and ran his head into a clothing rack at some store in the mall...and Ethan did a front flip off the couch and landed on his neck (talk about worried!!)...but I have realized with all the "incidents" is they will bounce back! No worries you will have many more of these moments :)

Erin said...

Oh and Caiden also fell out of the cart onto his back from a walmart cart on the hard wood floor...it knocked the breath out of him and I was worried if anyone saw it and would turn me in for negelect!