Friday, February 26, 2010

Bragging

And for once it's not about my baby. 

I think I've said before on here that I think Rob is a great dad.  A wonderful dad, in fact.  A fun, patient, and proud dad.  He changes diapers, makes bottles, gets up in the the middle of the night, gives baths, administers medicine, the list goes on.   I think most(?) of today's dads do these things, a change most of us have seen from even our own dads, and this isn't why I'm bragging.

He also works hard outside the home 40 hours a week at his job.  A job that often requires time and attention at home, after 5:00.  In addition, he works some weekend and evening hours at a side job when the opportunity arises.  All of this is fine and good but it's not really why I'm bragging either. 

Rob is also in a MBA program.  And he received his grades from last semester (his first semester): Two As!

That's why I'm bragging.

See Rob enjoyed undergrad to the fullest.  And I mean the fullest.  Class was somewhat of an afterthought, and he may or may not have graduated by the hair of his chinny-chin-chin.

But as a 30 year old man with many other hats to wear, he has buckled down and given 100% (ok probably 95%).

I'm very proud of him and I know that when she's old enough, Avery will be too.

3 comments:

Erin said...

LOVE IT! Tell Rob great job!

Monique said...

Can you believe it? You witnessed, up close and personal, Robs undergrad.

Shannon said...

Way to go Rob although I must say I did love some college crazy Rob too...don't worry I won't tell Avery those stories!!