Friday, July 2, 2010

Chef's Choice

Remember me? The one who complains about the poor food offerings at daycare?  Well, I'm back with another complaint.  The school produces a monthly calendar of what they're serving each day.  This is helpful so on beanie (sp.?) weenie day I know to send something else.  Like spinach balls or a wheat bagel with peanut butter.  Granted, the note that gets sent home usually reads "Avery didn't like her lunch today" or "Avery threw her bagel on the ground" or something like that, but I digress.

The thing that's puzzling me is that on a few days each month the square will read "Chef's Choice."  Really?  Chef's choice, huh?  Is this chef such a diva that he can't decide until that very day what he's serving?  Come on.  I know darn well the only chef back in that kitchen is Chef Boyardee.   Just be honest: "this is the day we'll be serving whatever crap is leftover."  Once I rolled the dice and let her eat the Chef's choice.  I don't remember what it was but rest assured it wasn't grilled salmon with roasted asparagus and wild rice. 

Oh, and Mr. Chef: raviolis doesn't have an apostrophe, mmmkay?  In fact, I'm pretty sure it's just ravioli.

Spaghetti is still a hit.  Ssshhhh, don't tell her it has grated zucchini and squash in it. 

1 comment:

Erin said...

You crack me up with your food and menu logic! I wish I had as much energy to really be better about all of this! I am definitely putting that cookbook on my Christmas list!