Monday, July 19, 2010

Odd

At the grocery store Saturday, I gave Avery a potato to occupy her.  I figured it was the item least likely to be damaged when it was thrown on the floor (yes, WHEN, not IF).  She decided she needed a little snack of dirt-covered, raw, root vegetable and tried to nibble away at it (she succeed in taking a few bites, which I dug out of her mouth while she was laughing).  But not before I stopped to snap a picture. 
 Odd

My discouragement only encouraged her more, naturally, and the potato was eventually traded for a package of turkey dogs (which sustained minor injuries). 

By the way, taking a toddler to the grocery store is not relaxing!  I usually go after she has gone to bed.  Ha!

Sunday, I could not keep her off Arthur's bed while I was trying to get ready.  Redirection wasn't working.  It was like a little oasis for her. 
 Odd

I know my mom died a little when she saw that.  If it makes you feel any better I had just washed it the night before.  No?  Sorry.

Which brings me to:
 Odd

After this:
was removed from him.  Yeah, he looks deranged.  And like he is suffering from mange. 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL at the potato. She tickles me.

Erin said...

Poor Arthur...he is probably the laughing stock of the neighborhhod! Maybe you can finess your technique before the next go around :)

As for Avery she will definitley live...I swear my boys are drawn to nasty, the nastier the better for them! I have learned to let somethings go and they are still kickin'. Just when I think that is the most disgusting thing they could have ate, stuck their feet in, etc. they prove me wrong!!

LOVE THAT HAT! SHE IS SO ADORABLE!

Mrs. Cup said...

I still eat raw potatoes...and look how cool I am!