Tuesday, January 31, 2012

16 Weeks














Your baby has enough muscle strength and coordination to form a tightly clenched fist. Fine details are emerging, like fingerprints and the creases between the fingers, knuckles and palms. Also, the umbilical cord is completely mature, containing two arteries and one vein, enclosed and protected by a thick, gristle-like substance called Wharton's jelly.














Wharton's jelly?  Sick.

What's new this week?  Hmmmm.  Not a whole lot.  I'm not sure how much weight I've gained.  Somewhere between 5 and 10 pounds I think.  I'm conscious of it but not too concerned. I'm trying to wear my regular clothes as much as possible (aside from pants) to avoid wearing my maternity clothes out too early.  And not in the literal sense, in the I-can't-stand-that-anymore sense.  I have my maternity clothes from before, and I have bought some new items but I am trying not to buy any more winter items as I will have to build a summer wardrobe as well to get me through May, June, and half of July.  The bulk of my maternity wardrobe right now is winter stuff aside from a handful of short sleeved shirts and a couple dresses.  No shorts, no tank tops, etc. not to mention work clothes.  And we all know how hot June and July can be.  But I'm sure between Old Navy, Target, and eBay it won't be a big deal.

I'm sleeping pretty good, although this morning Rob asked me what was wrong last night. Apparently I was crying out in pain, but I don't really remember why.   Round ligament pain, I'm sure.  This happened all the time when I was pregnant with Avery, but it was Charley Horses in my calves.  Ouch.

I have noticed some back pain.  I've had occasional sciatic pain but fortunately it hasn't been constant.  I'm really not looking forward to that, should it happen.

16 Weeks
  















Ugh.  So I DID make a cute little chalkboard thing to write the weeks on and take normal pictures at home but there was just no time this morning.  Some time this week we will, but it won't be a morning, I'm sure.




No comments: