Tuesday, March 27, 2012

24 Weeks

2 mangoes















Comparisons this week:
2 mangoes
1 ear of corn
1 grapefruit

Your baby is about 11 and a half inches long and weighs one and a half pounds, gaining steadily at a rate of six ounces per week. Much of that weight comes from accumulating baby fat, as well as from growing organs, bones, and muscle. Those little ears of hers are getting sharper and can hear very loud sounds, from a yapping dog to a jackhammer. Also by now, that fabulous face is almost fully formed, complete with eyelashes, eyebrows, and hair. Is your baby a brunette, a blonde, or a redhead? Actually, right now her locks are white since there's no pigment yet.


At week 24, baby’s progress isn’t just about internal stuff, it’s about his looks too. With pinker, more opaque skin, he’s looking more and more, well, like a baby. You, on the other hand, are probably experiencing some of the discomforts of the later months of pregnancy at week 24 -- leg cramps, backaches, swollen feet. 
















I am doing well this week! No complaints.

Avery was happy to help with the pictures this morning.  This weekend she hugged me and said "I can't wait to see my baby brother." It's times like that that I think she really does get it! But then when she tells the cashier at TJ Maxx that she's having a sister I wonder.






















Congrats to the Brown family who welcomed baby Kloe into the world this morning!

1 comment:

Erin said...

Thanks for the shout out on baby Kloe. I have so much to blog about! I am getting back to my normal self slowly and will begin catching the world up on our family biz.

BTW you look really good! And Avery is cracking me up!