Tuesday, April 3, 2012

25 Weeks

Rutabaga















Other comparison:
Eggplant

















During month six, the average fetus measures about 13.6 inches to 14.8 inches and weighs about 1.5 to 
2.5 pounds.


Your baby is growing by leaps and bounds, reaching nine inches in length and passing the pound and a half mark. Under his skin, capillaries are forming and filling with blood and by week's end, air sacs (also lined with capillaries) will develop in his lungs, getting them ready for that first breath. Mind you, those lungs aren't ready for prime time just yet — but they are developing surfactant, a substance that will help them expand after birth. And speaking of breathing, your baby's tiny nostrils, which have been plugged up until now, are starting to open, and his vocal chords are getting ready to roar.























What can I say?  I think what they say is true: you really do forget you're pregnant with your second.  I remember when I was pregnant with Avery I would come home from work and lay on the couch.  


AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA


That so doesn't happen.  Ever.  That's ok though.  Usually after Avery goes to bed I take some time to lay down and try to focus on feeling the baby (he has no name, so he is sadly referred to as just THE BABY) move around.  Sometimes he'll move a bit, other times I guess he's sleeping (which, if he continues the pattern of sleeping at night in the outside world I'm good with that).


Sometimes Avery mentions her baby brother and at Target last weekend she even tried to pick out a shirt for him (size 2T, toddler girls The Little Mermaid shirt).  She thought he would like it.  I thought it was very sweet of her to want to get it for him rather than for herself.


So far I am still feeling good, sleeping good, etc.  Nothing crazy.  No stretch marks (yet).  My back and feet start to hurt if I'm up and around for long periods of time.  I go to the doctor next week.

No comments: