Thursday, August 23, 2012

Joy

My Aunt Joy was wise, strong, funny, smart, and sensible.  She was the rock and the center of the Davis clan.  I have so many memories of her from throughout my childhood and beyond.  

Rob recalled the first time that he met her.  Nine or so years ago, when my mom bought her house, her sisters were helping her do some remodeling.  And I don't mean painting and throw pillows, I mean taking out walls and the like.  Rob went by to help with something.  He came home and said "the oldest one? Joy? She was hanging off a ladder with a saw in one hand, demolishing a wall! Then she basically started talking crap to me, insinuating that I wasn't handy enough."

Needless to say, he was impressed...
It's very un-Davis-like to smile for photos

















Your presence will be missed by many, Aunt Joy.

No comments: