Friday, January 17, 2014

Friends Trip to Texas

I took a 3 day weekend trip to San Antonio with the girls plus Stephen.  North of SA, to be exact, in hill country.  I had never been to that area before and it was really pretty!

I still dislike flying but I am getting better.  Southwest always makes it easier because their planes are a decent size (anything is better than the American Eagle puddle jumpers).

























Once we got in we had just enough time to have lunch on the Riverwalk before heading up to the house.
























The house belongs to a friend of a friend, and it was a great place for us to stay.  Plenty of room and great views from the deck.



















We took a winery tour on Saturday, which was awesome!












































It was truly a relaxing and fun weekend.  I love spending time with these people.  We literally laugh until we cry.  There is nothing like being with friends of 20 years. I missed the kids and Rob but it is always nice to get away for a few days and spend time with friends.  And eat meals without fetching water, milk, seconds, applesauce, prodding someone to eat, etc.  Also, no one asked me if they could have any candy nor did anyone wipe their nose on me.  So it was a win-win.

Rob juggled quite a bit while I was gone between the kids and work.  There were apparently many conference calls while changing diapers and giving baths.  Oh, and I'm pretty sure Ben had a mild case of RSV.  There was a confirmed case in this class, and he had the symptoms (fever, runny nose, congestion).

But the house was still very tidy and dinner was in the crockpot when I got home.  The bed was even made.  Super Dad, right there.  I am very appreciative of a husband that doesn't think twice about taking care of the kids.  I know, it's like, duh, this is 2014, but seriously, some fathers still don't do that!  Of course, he'll be cashing in on the favor when he goes on a friends trip in March:)

No comments: