Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Weekend Happenings

Friday morning the kids headed out to spend the last day of "spring break" with Mimi & Papa.  They had big plans for bowling and Riverparks.






































Sounds like they had a good time and Avery was delighted she got a spare.

Avery and I did a bit of shopping on Saturday.  If she has a device and a seat, she's a pretty good shopping buddy.





































That is until she starts stealing my Starbucks.  I told her she wouldn't like it.  Unfortunately, she did.  She then declared "we'll be sharing it?"  Oh really?!







































Apparently, her palate isn't too refined, though.  Rob had her eating sardines in mustard sauce just a couple hours later.





































For dinner we made some buffalo chicken bites and a wedge salad with homemade gorgonzola dressing. Ben could not get enough of the salad.  Funny, he won't eat bread or much pasta, but he'll eat iceberg lettuce with pungent cheese!  Ok, kid….





































On Sunday we headed north to the Tallgrass Prairie Reserve to see some bison (buffalo? bison? buffalo? whatever).  It was WAY out there.  We did see some bison, though.  Pretty cool.


















We stretched our legs a bit at the visitor's center.





































I thought I'd pull the old potty seat out and see what Ben thought of it.  I don't think he's ready to potty train yet, but there's no harm in introducing the concept, I suppose. I'm pretty sure he thought it was a car to "wide."







































We ended the weekend with a viewing of Frozen.  Now that Avery owns the movie, I'm sure it will be the first of many. 


No comments: