Monday, May 12, 2014

Avery's Mermaid & Pirate Party

A's final birthday celebration (lucky girl, right?) was on Saturday.  After some talking, we settled on a mermaid and pirate theme a couple months back.  We got a bounce house again.  It's such an easy way to entertain the kids which means I don't have to worry about planning games or activities.  I found one with palm trees which was the closest I could get to the theme.  It was rather large.

Although there was plenty of jumping, half the time the kids were playing in Avery's room or the swing set in the the back-go figure!


















My mom did an awesome job with the cake, cupcakes, and cookies.  I found an idea on Pinterest and she did a great job recreating it.



I found the cake topper on Etsy














































Avery had so many friends come to celebrate her birthday.





















































































Ben was not himself during the party.  He was super clingy and cranky.  I really think he was overwhelmed by all the people, because after everyone left he perked up!  Avery was not 100% either-she was either fighting off the bug Ben had earlier in the week or she was just really tired.  She did have a great time, but by the evening she was completely exhausted and crawled into bed with all her clothes on.

Avery is such a lucky girl.  It warms my heart to see so many people take time out of their weekend to celebrate her birthday.

No comments: