Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Monkey

I'm wondering if it's coincidental that Avery started making a monkey noise and climbing on everything in the same weekend.

Suddenly she needs to sit on the coffee table (which, fortunately, is just a storage ottoman) and is exercising her ability to climb into chairs.  She can also open the top drawers in the kitchen and bathrooms and pull stuff out.  Which means...nothing is safe.


Saturday, I walked out of our office where she was playing.  I passed Rob in the kitchen on his way back to the office and by the time he walked in she was ON the computer desk.  Not in the chair.  On the desk.  In 6 seconds.

She also found a new place to sit: Rob's laptop at the dining table.
Attempting to log in



















Note that the screen is locked but I'm sure that will be the next thing.  She can already unlock my iPhone. 

Speaking of.
















This girl has no interest in TV but she'll play on the phone for 20 or 30 minutes.  Probably longer if I didn't beg and plead demand she give it back.  I can't really complain, as I created the monster.  It started out innocently enough with a few baby/toddler apps, namely one Itsy Bitsy Spider app.  Now, anytime I'm foolish enough get the phone out in her presence, she puts her pointer fingers together and twists them urgently (as a symbol of the itsy bitsy spider)...until I usually give in.


Finally, a (fitting) video of the monkey noise!
Her hair was crazy because it had been pulled up with a rubber band.
Aaaaaaaaaand, someone needs to work on their monkey noise.  I'm not naming names though.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good job, Rob. That monkey sound was fantastic. She is adorable. She's like, I gotta check my Facebook.

Mrs. Cup said...

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I am crying over the video!