Friday, February 4, 2011

Groundhog Day Blizzard 2011

It started early Tuesday, February 1st.  By the time it was all over, Owasso had about 19 inches and Tulsa about 14 inches, record snowfall for the area. 

Rob and I worked as necessary from the house Tuesday through Thursday.  Avery was pretty easily occupied with the help of Barbey (Barney), Blues Clues, reading, coloring, playing on the iphone, and wreaking havoc on the house in general.

We sat on the 4 wheeler and considered actually pushing the power button
























We watched Dad shovel snow

















We made messes

















We went outside.  We would not let go of the snack.

















Side note: the hat, coat, and snowsuit are all size 6-12 from last winter and they still fit.  Score!

















Standing in the middle of 145th

















Her mittens wouldn't stay on.  We improvised.
























Avery has a new habit of taking her pajamas off.  Woke up 3 mornings in a row to a naked baby.  She was apparently oblivious to the negative temperatures outside.

We're back at work today, but I have to admit I didn't mind being snowed in.  I am really craving Target though.  Must.go.tonight.


Lots of videos at
http://www.youtube.com/user/oumonique

1 comment:

Erin said...

I totally get the wrecking your house part of the snow days. Even though the kids are sick they sure can make mess after mess! I mean I have never seen kids who every time they eat there is a giant circle of food surrounding them!

Also I just watched your videos and the one with Avery and the hat is hilarious! I just kept laughing! It still amazes me what can entertain a child.