Friday, May 6, 2011

2 Years

     Sometimes I can't remember what I had for lunch the previous day.  Or what I did last weekend.  But I can remember bringing Avery home from the hospital like it was yesterday.

     It was a Sunday: Mother's Day.  What a wonderful Mother's Day gift (although I still give Rob a hard time because he didn't get me a present that year).  On TV you always see moms being wheeled out of the hospital in a wheelchair.  I don't remember why, but I walked.  Slowly.  My mom and a nice nurse walked out with us.  Rob had taken 17 trips to the car already.

     It was overcast, cool, and rainy.  I think it rained for an entire week.  I remember this well because that meant Arthur was stuck inside.  His obsession with the new little person that had moved in drove us crazy.  He wanted to sniff her head.  He went crazy over her head, going into turbo sniff mode anytime he could get close enough.  The problem was that she had some sensitive areas and swelling on her head from labor and delivery, so we had to be careful.  When we got tired of running interference, he was sent to the garage.  This happened often.

     We took turns sleeping on the couch with Avery.  I don't remember the TV being on much.  It was pretty quiet.

It was a lot of this




















This
















And this
















In two days she will be 2.  She knows her letters, numbers, and colors.  She loves to jump.  She loves bubbles, coloring, and "priddy" things.  She likes Mickey Mouse, Elmo, Blues Clues, and Barney.  She's sweet.  And sassy.  And funny.  And energetic.  Her hair is filling in.  She's petite.  She has more teeth than a piranha.  She eats like a horse.  She sleeps like a log.  We love her more than anything.

No comments: