Monday, June 10, 2013

My Little Mini-Me

























Small hands reach into my makeup drawer while I'm getting ready.  She wants to know what this is for and what that is for.  I see her watch my every move, taking mental notes.  She wants to try it out, not so much gently sweeping as abrasively rubbing her face with the big brushes.  

She runs out and announces "I put makeup on so my face looks beautiful!" 

Rob tells her that her face is beautiful anyway.

"No, it's not!"

Oy.  We have started on the road to instilling a sense of confidence and self-esteem in our tiny daughter.  Reinforcing that she is beautiful, but more importantly that she is smart and kind. 

It seems like since her birthday she has taken a much bigger interest in clothes and shoes.  She wants to wear a dress every day.  She wants to pick out her outfit, her bow, tells me how she wants her hair fixed, etc.  

I love seeing her personality develop.  I enjoy watching her experiment with style and dress up.  I hope she comes to understand how valuable she is, which has nothing to do with how she looks.  

No comments: