Tuesday, June 19, 2012

36 Weeks

3 Pomegranates














Other comparisons:
Honeydew
Large cantaloupe
Swiss Chard














Ah, the ninth month – the home stretch. By now you might not be feeling as chipper as you were three months ago. After all, your growing belly might make it hard to sleep, as do common issues like heartburn and frequent urination. In fact, third-trimester insomnia affects three-quarters of all pregnant women, which is either due to previously mentioned physical problems, mental distractions (there’s so much left to do!), or simply your body getting used to the upcoming sleepless nights.



  • He's getting closer and closer to being able to breathe on her own.
  • His skin is getting smooth and soft and his gums are rigid.
  • His liver and kidneys are in working order.
  • Circulation and immune systems are basically good to go, too.


  • She wanted to give baby a hug







































    So...THREE AND A HALF WEEKS.

    24 Days.

    But who's counting?!

    I know it sounds crazy but this is really kind of sneaking up on us.  It seems like we have so much going on between spending our last weeks together as a family of three, preparing for the new addition, continuing to get everything settled in the new house, and of course, working.

    We are basically ready.  We have the necessities on hand (car seat, diapers, wipes, clothes, place(s) for baby to sleep).  We are still putting the room together and there are definitely some essentials that we're lacking, but nothing that can't be picked up in a trip to Target and Buy Buy Baby.  Oh.  And a name.  We probably need one of those too.

    Physically, I'm doing fine.  Tired?  Yes.  Heavy? Yes.  My back definitely lets me know when I'm on my feet for too long.  But I can't complain too much.  I sleep pretty well most of the time.  I can't wait to see what this little guy that gets hiccups after I eat and pokes me with various body parts looks like.  We are definitely excited to meet him but for the next 3.5 weeks I'll try to enjoy what is (99% most likely) my last pregnancy.


    No comments: