Friday, April 3, 2009

37 Weeks

Congratulations — your baby is full term! This means that if your baby arrives now, his lungs should be fully mature and ready to adjust to life outside the womb, even though your due date is still three weeks away.

Your baby weighs 6 1/3 pounds and measures a bit over 19 inches, head to heel (like a stalk of Swiss chard). Many babies have a full head of hair at birth, with locks from 1/2 inch to 1 1/2 inches long. But don't be surprised if your baby's hair isn't the same color as yours. Dark-haired couples are sometimes thrown for a loop when their children come out as blonds or redheads, and fair-haired couples have been surprised by Elvis look-alikes. And then, of course, some babies sport only peach fuzz.

Again, not much to report. Still chugging along. Going to be organizing/decorating/finishing the baby room this weekend! I should have pictures Monday. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

P.S. No stretchmarks yet...just some massive veins. But that's ok. Fingers crossed...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I doubt you'll get any stretch marks. The women in our family rarely get stretch marks. Big butt though... well that's a different story.

Monique said...

SO THIS CELLULITE ASS IS HEREDITARY??

Shannon said...

You look so cute!!! Can't wait to meet Avery...and yay for no stretch marks!!

Mrs. Cup said...

I can't wait to meet her. And now that I am unemployed I have all sorts of time on my hands. That whole want to be alone theory of yours just got tossed out the window with my job. Don't worry though..I will cook you dinner! =)