Friday, April 24, 2009

D Day


And the ticker to the left is taunting me...


It's hard to say for sure how big your baby will be, but the average newborn weighs about 7 1/2 pounds (a small pumpkin) and is about 20 inches long. His skull bones are not yet fused, which allows them to overlap a bit if it's a snug fit through the birth canal during labor. This so-called "molding" is the reason your baby's noggin may look a little conehead-ish after birth. Rest assured — it's normal and temporary.

Everything went fine at the appointment this morning. I have an appointment next Friday if I'm still pregnant. Doctor said she is going to want to set up an induction for the following week (week of May 4th)-Monday even-if I don't have her before then. As I've said all along, I do NOT want to be induced but at a certain point I am not going to have a choice. We will assess the situation next Friday and see where we are.

After the appointment she sent us over to L&D for a non-stress test just to make sure the baby is doing fine and isn't under any kind of stress. They put external monitors on my stomach to monitor her movements and heart rate for 30 minutes. Everything from the test looked great and we were free to go. Oh, and the monitors showed I was having Braxton Hicks contractions but a) I already knew that and b) that doesn't really mean anything!

So that's all! Hope everyone has a great weekend. I'll be resting up!

Last picture??

No comments: