Thursday, April 23, 2009

39w6d OR...

40 weeks. I think my doctor has my actual due date as today. But what's one day? Let's not split hairs here. I am due TOMORROW. That is crazy to say.

People: When are you due?
Me: Tomorrow.

Crazy!

Anyway. She didn't come on Holocaust Remembrance Day (Tuesday) or Earth Day (yesterday) and she probably isn't coming on Shakespeare's birth AND death day (today). Maybe she's waiting for a day she can have all to herself-the 24th. Already wanting the spotlight...

I threw in the proverbial kitchen towel this week. No more cooking or meal planning for me. I told Rob I was fine with eating sandwiches or cereal or whatever for dinner, but no, he said he would take over as Head Chef and be in charge this week. He has always helped with dinner-grilling, cleaning up, etc-but I am always the one who plans the meals, makes sure we have everything from the store, etc. So far this week we have had Thai (restaurant), grilled chicken salad, and burgers with salad and roasted squash. I could get used to this. What's for dinner tonight, honey?

I am increasingly tired. Sleep seems to be getting more elusive every night which makes for long days sitting at a desk. But I can't imagine being on my feet all day either, so really this is a a no-win situation.

Going to the doctor in the morning. Will update with news of that afterwards!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah, I don't blame her. It's better to have a birthday all to oneself. Who wants to have a birthday where everyone's picking up trash?

Mrs. Cup said...

YAY! I can't wait to meet her. Please let me know when you are up for visitors.

Jennifer said...

Hang in there Monique--you are almost there. With both of my girls I always found the waiting to be the hardest part. I could never sleep always wondering if this was going to be the night that my water broke but it never did--I was induced twice. Good luck and I hope you have a quick and easy delivery resulting with a beautiful and healthy baby.

Shannon said...

Avery we're ready for you!!! Can't wait to see you!!