Wednesday, April 8, 2009

People say the darndest things...

It's bonus time at Clinique and I decided to treat myself to some new makeup (and-who am I kidding-an Auntie Anne's pretzel) at lunch.

Clinique Girl: When are you due?

Me: About two weeks.

CG: *gasp* And you're up walking around?! Shame on you!

.......

I took a few seconds to process this comment in hopes of formulating some sort of intelligent response, but I couldn't come up with anything aside from a few blinks and a blank stare. I didn't even know where to start with this girl.

Did a 19 year old with electric blue eyeshadow just shame me? Shame on her for wearing that shade which does not occur in nature. And while I haven't checked their color palette lately I'm pretty sure Clinique doesn't produce that shade. Surely there is some sort of corporate mandate against this. Clinique corporate should shame her...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Don't you know... women with child must not leave the bed, let alone the house.

Mmmm. Auntie Anne's.