Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Halloween Craft

Another quick, easy craft idea I saw on Pinterest.  This was really easy and really inexpensive.

What I got:

Unfinished wood letters-I got them on sale (50% off) for $1 each at Hobby Lobby

Scrapbook paper-on sale (50% off) for about .25 cents per sheet at Hobby Lobby

Ribbon-scrap ribbon I already had

Mod Podge-already had, but I have seen recipes for making your own if you don't have any

Box cutter or sharp razor blade thingy-already had

Embellishments-not necessary, but I got two small packages on sale at Michaels for .75 each

Spread a layer of Mod Podge on a letter and put a sheet of scrapbook paper on top of the letter.  Press but don't try to smooth out bubbles or anything.  
















Let that dry, then take your razor and trace around the letters, cutting off the excess paper.  Add another layer of Mod Podge on top.  I then let it dry overnight. 












Add embellishments if you wish.  It's hard to tell in these cell phone picture, but I got some crystal-y spiders and web, skull and crossbones, and bats.  Here, she added cute ghosts.
















Tie together, hang, and you're done!
















Avery is too young to really help with this, so I did it when she was in bed.  Kids just a little bit older than her could probably get in on the actions though!
So easy and costs about $5 if you can get everything on sale.

No comments: