Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Advice

Avery and I were talking on the way home one day last week.  I was asking her about her day.  What she did, what she ate, who she played with, what she learned.  Sometimes she just wants to be silly and other times she ignores me and stares out the window. Sometimes I get real answers.  

Me: so, who did you play with today?

Avery: well, we were reading an animal book and Coen said I was not his best friend.

Me: *audible gasp* he did?!  Well, that wasn't very nice.  

Avery: yeah, it made me very, very sad.  

Me: I bet it did. Why?  Why did he say that.?  

Avery: I-I-I don't know why he said it!

Me: well, it's ok.  I'm sorry you got sad, though.

When we got home, she repeated the same thing to Rob.

Avery: Daddy, we were reading an animal book and Coen said I was not his best friend.

Rob: whatever. Who cares about him anyway? Hey, you know what you should do?

Avery: what?

Rob: tomorrow, you should pretend Coen doesn't exist.  Don't even talk to him. And find a new best friend. What bout Stella?

Avery: yeah, Stella!

The teenage years should be fun.  We'll see who she goes to for advice.  Ha!

*It sounds like bridges have been mended with Coen.  He has invited her to his house to watch Yo Gabba Gabba.  I told her maybe she should let him wait for a bit

No comments: