Tuesday, May 8, 2012

30 Weeks

Cabbage















Other comparisons:
Cucumber
4 oranges



















While your brain might seem to be on hiatus, your baby's brain is expanding by the day, taking on new functions like temperature regulation. This week, the brain is starting to get that wrinkly, indented look, which will help the brain tissue expand as the baby develops into adulthood. Besides the brain, your baby's body is continuing to grow — now at just over 3 pounds and 17 inches long.



New week, new house, new wall, new 3 year old






















The past week has been a blur with moving and Avery's party.  We are settled into our new house and loving it.  Fortunately, we had tons of help and I didn't do any of the heavy lifting, but just being on my feet all day Friday and Saturday really took a toll on my legs, feet, and back.  Even after getting into bed Saturday night my feet were throbbing.  It must be hard carrying all this extra weight around!

I don't know if it was being on my feet so much or the hot weather this past week, but I have noticed my rings are getting tighter.  I have gone from NEVER taking my rings off to having to take them off in the evenings.

Baby boy (yes, still unnamed) moves around quite a bit.  I can feel him move around throughout the day and evening.

I've noticed quite a few differences between this pregnancy and my pregnancy with Avery, but I'll save those for another post.

Over the next few weeks I hope to get his room together.  Since we moved we have all the baby stuff we saved that was in the attic or in storage and we're just dumping it all in his room for now.

Less than 10 weeks!

No comments: