Friday, May 18, 2012

Bedding

I tell you what: making decisions for your unborn child is hard!  Don't even get me started on the name thing.  We may be spending extra nights in the hospital just because they won't let you leave without naming your child.  So I decided to focus on something that I could decide on: the bedding!   From the beginning I wanted grays and yellows, but questioned whether that color combination was too "girly," or rather, everything I found in those colors was kind of girly. Then I ran across something that I liked, and posted about that set here.  But ultimately, that plan just wasn't coming together.  I didn't want to spend that much money on the complete set.  And the more I looked at it, the more I noticed that brown was a prominent color.  Nothing against brown, I just want gray to be the prominent color.  Anyway!  Today I came across a sheet from Pottery Barn that I really liked!  Actually, several.  I've checked Pottery Barn a million times but sometime in the last month or two they went behind my back and got some adorable gray bedding in and subsequently sold enough that a lot of it is on backorder (including an adorable gray chevron print that is on backorder until July-ugh-maybe I will order it as a backup at that time).

But I digress.  I ordered this cute sheet pictured below.  I already have gray curtains and I've commissioned my mom to make a solid gray crib skirt (I'm not paying $60 for an a la carte crib skirt).



I would like to find a solid gray or yellow blanket.  I'd also like to get this sheet by Carter's as a backup sheet.





















And there you have it!  Progress.







No comments: