Tuesday, May 15, 2012

31 Weeks

4 apples















Other comparisons:
Pineapple
Large Jicama











Weighing in at three-plus pounds and measuring 18 inches long, your baby is quickly approaching his birth length — though he's got to pack on another three to five pounds before D-day. Also developing at an impressive clip: your baby's brain connections (he's got to make trillions of them!). He's now processing information, tracking light, and perceiving signals from all five senses. He's also putting in longer stretches of sleep, which is why you're probably noticing more defined patterns of wakefulness (and movement) and rest (when he’s pretty still).





















Sometime between last week and this morning, I got it into my head that I was going to be 32 weeks today.  When I went to change the chalk board from last week and it said 30 weeks, I was seriously confused.  Surely I didn't skip a picture?  No.  Just getting a little ahead of myself.

I went to the doctor this morning.  No news.  I gained about 1.5 pounds in the last two weeks.  His heartbeat was in the 140s.  I go back in two weeks.

I am still sleeping pretty good.  My feet and back hurt if I'm walking/standing for more than an hour or so.  Good thing I'm able to sit most of the day at work.  I like to walk (and by walk I mean shop) on my lunch breaks so I get some activity, and that doesn't bother me.  But if I'm doing stuff around the house all evening my back starts to kill me.
So far I haven't had any major swelling.  My rings are still a bit tight and I'm taking them off at night, but I can still see my ankle bones.  Give me a few weeks, I'm sure...


No comments: